Objectives of IABSE:
The Association has the following principle objectives:
- to promote international cooperation and understanding among those involved in bridges and structures by worldwide exchange of knowledge and experience,
- to encourage awareness of the need of society in all cultures, and to nurture a standard of excellence in delivering structural engineering services to meet those needs,
- to encourage high standards of ethical and professional conduct within the worldwide structural engineering community,
- to promote bridge and structural engineering to the wider community,
- to identify research and development needs and encourage actions necessary for technical progress in structural engineering,
- through the encouragement of young professionals to develop a sustainable organisation to ensure that IABSE remains a dynamic and influential organisation in the future,
- to develop cooperation and understanding with other organisations which have similar objectives.
IABSE facilitates international networking, collaboration and exchange of information among its members, and is the foremost international engineering Association supporting its members in a world-wide and productive collaboration regardless of the linguistic, economic and political differences.