A British Group Member who has a paper accepted and presents it, either orally or as a poster, at an IABSE international conference will be eligible to receive a grant of £500 towards the cost of attendance. NB. For anyone wishing to receive a grant for the Manchester 2024 conference, the grant will be limited to £300.
How to apply:
- Upon receipt of notification from the conference organisers that your paper has been accepted for presentation (whether orally or as a poster), inform the British Group Treasurer (see contact details below) of the fact and of your intention to attend the conference to submit the paper.
- After the conference, submit the following to the Treasurer of the British Group:
- an extract from the final programme showing your paper,
- evidence that you actually attended the conference to present your paper,
- a copy of your final published paper from the proceedings,
- name and address and bank details to allow the grant money to be sent electronically.
“I attended the IABSE Congress in Stockholm 2016 with the help of the British Group grant scheme to present a paper on the Greenwich Reach Swing Bridge. It was a fantastic experience, and a great opportunity to network with peers from around the world as well as to catch up with old friends. International events like this help to open my eyes to the advances and innovation happening world wide.”David Knight
“I received the £300 grant right after I returned from the 19th Congress of IABSE that took place in Stockholm in September, 2016. Applying for it was straightforward and, to me, it was IABSE’s way of acknowledging my work and helping me introduce it to engineers and researchers from around the world.”Elina Efthymiou