A British Group Member who has a paper accepted and presents it, either orally or as a poster, at an IABSE international conference will be eligible to receive a grant of £300 towards the cost of attendance.
How to apply:
- Upon receipt of notification from the conference organisers that your paper has been accepted for presentation (whether orally or as a poster), inform the British Group Treasurer (see contact details below) of the fact and of your intention to attend the conference to submit the paper.
- After the conference, submit the following to the Treasurer of the British Group:
• an extract from the final programme showing your paper,
• evidence that you actually attended the conference to present your paper,
• a copy of your final published paper from the proceedings,
• name and address to which a cheque for the grant money can be sent.
Details of forthcoming international IABSE conferences can be found on the main IABSE web site:
Hon Treasurer contact details:
Mr Martin Kirk: firstname.lastname@example.org
“I received the £300 grant right after I returned from the 19th Congress of IABSE that took place in Stockholm in September, 2016. Applying for it was straightforward and, to me, it was IABSE’s way of acknowledging my work and helping me introduce it to engineers and researchers from around the world.” – Elina Efthymiou