Future of Design Birmingham 2019
We are delighted to welcome you to Future of Design Birmingham 2019, a full-day conference and dinner in Birmingham aimed at promoting innovation and inspiring the designers of the future. This is the fourteenth Future of Design Conference organised by the International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE) British Group. The day will consist of engaging and thought provoking talks from a variety of keynote speakers and paper competition winners, interactive workshops, a discussion panel focused around future of cities and plenty of networking opportunities throughout the day.
There is the option to join us to continue networking with evening drinks and dinner followed by live music from our guest band ‘Mirror’, a 7 piece band, including a stunningly talented brass section. The evening event will be held at the same venue and tickets available for Conference + Dinner are limited.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers include:
- Tristram Carfrae (Deputy Chairman, Arup, Gold Medal from the Institution of Structural Engineers 2014, Milne Medal Winner 2006)
- Cezary Bednarski (Founder-Director, Studio Bednarski, Manser Medal 2001, Ideal Home Show Blue Ribbon Award 2013)
- Neven Sidor (Partner, Grimshaw Architects)
- Peter Chipchase (Director, WSP)
- Angus Low (Consultant, Milne Medal Winner 2007)
- David Collings (Technical Director, Arcadis)
- Millan Martin (Engineering Director, Taylorwoodrow VINCI UK)
- Sunil Johal (Project Director, Argent, BCO NextGen Awards 2016 Rising Star for the Midlands)
- Discussion panel around the topic of Future of Cities with Anthony Breach (Centre for Cities), Abigaile Bromfield (Arup), Simon Delahunty-Forrest (Head of City Design, Birmingham City Council) and Sunil Johal (Argent)
Find out more:
[one_half][separator headline=”h2″ title=” Conference profiles”]
This event is a unique platform for networking and to be inspired by the leading figures in the design world. It will include presentations on current cutting edge designs as well as discussions about the future challenges of our profession
[one_half_last][separator headline=”h2″ title=” Young Designers”]
Young designers (< 35 years) were encouraged to submit a one-page paper of their innovative work for presentation during the conference. Cash prizes for the best presentations will be awarded to the winning entry/ entries.
[one_half][separator headline=”h2″ title=”Programme”]
The Official Future of Design Birmingham 2019 Programme is now available to view here. A printed copy of the Official Programme will be provided to each delegate on the day.
[one_half_last][separator headline=”h2″ title=”The Organising Committee”]
Meet the Organisers behind the Future of Design Birmingham Event. They are working hard in the background to deliver this amazing conference.
[one_half][separator headline=”h2″ title=” The Venue”] The Future of Design Birmingham 2019 day conference and evening dinner will be held at the IET Birmingham: Austin Court, which is a stunning listed building situated in the heart of Birmingham City Centre. [/one_half]
[one_half_last][separator headline=”h2″ title=” Contact Us”]
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like more information on Future of Design Birmingham 2019 email .[/one_half_last]
Buy your Tickets here
Tickets now on sale here (powered by Eventbrite)
Having trouble viewing tickets below? Click here to go directly to eventbrite page.